Re: [Mgs] Replacing door buffers

To: "Phil Bacon" <pboldtrix@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Replacing door buffers
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:18:28 +0100
Pozidrive.  Strikes me you have to remove the hinge from the A-post at the
very least in order to get at the back of the piece that holds the buffer.
As well as the four visible screws holding the hinge to the A-post there is
a nut on the back accessed by removing the splash plate behind the front
wheel.  Removing either door from hinge or hinge from A-post will obviously
mean re-aligning the door, but if it's right now you should be able to get
it right again.  If the hinges have been painted when fitted to the A-post
you will probably have to cut along the seam or risk a 'tear' in the paint
on the A-post, but at least that will help you get the hinge back in the
right place, leaving you with just the door on the hinge to get right.
However if you have enough padding under the door you may be able to deal
with the hinge while still attached to the door.  But the down-side is that
you will have to man-handle the door while getting the hinge reattached to
the A-post, it's much easier to fit the hinges first then slide the door
onto the hinges.

PaulH.