Re: [Mgs] mufflers

To: Don <don@napanet.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] mufflers
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:08:59 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
I am a bit puzzled by this. I put a stock exhaust on my 64B, purchased from
Moss or a reseller maybe two years ago. A check at Moss Motors shows parts and
prices, indicating they should still be available (unless temporarily out of
stock?).

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29007

As far as my experience, for the original post, my MGs are all running stock
exhaust systems (64b, 67BGT, 72B). For a long time, probably 1980 to maybe
1999, I used the ANCO or ANSI (I think that was the name) exhaust which had a
more tubular muffler. I liked the rounded muffler because it was less likely
to catch on road bumps and as I recall, it seemed a bit quieter than the
stock. I don't see it on Moss website now so I am not positive I have the name
right.

It is hard to say which exhaust is truly louder though without comparing two
cars side by side or measuring with a decibel meter though. I just know the
original exhaust works fine and is inexpensive.

David Councill