Re: [Mgs] 67 BGT steering wheel play

Subject: Re: [Mgs] 67 BGT steering wheel play
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 12:46:02 +0100
Cc: <mgs@autox.team.net>
That would need two wires going through the stalk, they would have to be
pretty thin, and the horns take quite a lot of current.  I was under the
impression that the earth for the switch was fed up the metal tube of the
stalk, meaning only one wire - purple/black - coming down and going out to
the horns.  The main colour of purple indicates it is controlling a device
connected to the fused, always live supply, and the tracer colour of black
indicates that an earth is connected to operate the device.  Generally
speaking when a wire colour was first used that was the convention, although
if there were subsequent changes, as from 77 when the horns *were* backed by
an earth instead of 12v, they kept the colour of the controlling wire.

PaulH.