Re: [Mgs] Hagerty Insurance?

To: ccrobins@ktc.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Hagerty Insurance?
From: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:35:35 GMT
  My MGs have been insured with Hagerty for years, mostly because of the
reasonable premiums but also because of their reputation for square dealing.
Sad to say, I needed to file a claim with them for a fuel-line fire in my TD.
This happened late August.  I called on Monday. Wednesday an appraiser was
here. On Friday, a message was left that a check was to be cut and that the
check was not "full and final".  If concealed damage were found, they would
cover that also. Next Thursday, check was in hand. I am a satisfied customer.
This contrasts with my professional work, in which I dealt with property
damage claims frequently. For a company to send an adjuster in less than a
week was unheard of; then his arrival was just the beginning of chiseling and
weaseling, with assurance of continuing dissatisfaction.Bob