Re: [Mgs] MG related - Sort Of

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@sonic.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG related - Sort Of
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 08:32:16 +0100
'Axle' stand is just the name of the device.  They can be used to support a
car (or anything else) anywhere you like such as under the rear axle, under
the springs, under the spring hangers at the rear, or under the chassis
rails, crossmember, or spring pans at the front, and many other places, i.e.
sprung or unsprung.  The hazard in using four is two fold - when adding the
second pair it is very easy for a trolley jack for example to tilt the first
pair, and even when sitting on four with all their feet on flat, level, hard
ground it is relatively easy to push or pull the car over with the forces
some jobs need.  If it wasn't possible to pull them over, manufacturers
wouldn't have to cover their backsides.  User beware.  I've only got one
pair so as not to be tempted to use two.

PaulH.