Re: [Mgs] slipping cluch

To: "Tom Gunderson" <thgun@comporium.net>, "Mga List" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] slipping cluch
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:13:53 +0100
There is no pressure in the hydraulics when the clutch pedal is released.
However if anything *were* causing there to be pressure, then the clutch
could slip.  Like brakes, the flex hose could be delaminating internally and
acting as a one-way valve, holding pressure after the pedal is released.  If
you pump the clutch with the engine hot, then open the bleed valve and get a
spurt of fluid, then that is the likely cause.  OTOH it could simply be a
worn clutch, which is also accompanied by a high biting point.  Slipping is
usually evident on hard acceleration in 4th gear first, becoming more
noticeable on lesser acceleration and lower gears as it wears more.  In my
experience oil on the clutch cause grabbing, not slipping.

PaulH.