Re: [Mgs] Clutch problem solved

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Clutch problem solved
From: Larry Colen <lrc@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 23:39:05 -0700
On Oct 25, 2012, at 6:56 PM, Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:

> Are you saying that you took this engine and gearbox out of a car they had
been running in and put them into another that had been sitting for 10 years
and you used the clutch slave cylinder from the car that had been sitting for
10 years without inspecting it?  Good grief!

Nope, I left the gearbox in the car when I pulled the engine 10 years ago.  I
*think* it's the same block.  It is the same pressure plate and clutch disk.
Over the past 10 years an amazing range of things have come up to block
progress.  A long series of parts not being available. Then when I couldn't
get the car together in time for a race, my throwing a rollcage into what was
supposed to be a daily driver miata while I worked on the MG, and turning that
into a racecar first, and having a racecar is not conducive to spending time
and money on a fancy road car. My being laid off and not having money.  My
getting a job, but at a start up and not having time. My theoretically having
time and money, but spending about eight months working almost full time on
home repairs.  The most impressive glitch in the schedule was caused by a kid
doing something  impressively stupid and in the process, crashing his car into
my garage. As it turns out, I was in the shed downstairs from the garage when
he did it.  Despite the impressive carnage, nobody was seriously injured:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157608318554680/

also:
http://red4est.com/shedcrash/

It took almost a year of hassle to get the garage back to usability, then two
months later Caltrans showed up, said that the work on the drainage had been
done without their permits and it had to be taken out and done over.

--
Larry Colen lrc@red4est.com sent from i4est