Re: [Mgs] MGA clutch

To: Mga List <Mgs@autox.team.net>, Tom Gunderson <thgun@comporium.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA clutch
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 13:22:28 -0800 (PST)
--- On Sun, 11/11/12, Tom Gunderson <thgun@comporium.net> wrote:

> Could this be the
> hose at the slave cylinder? I have read that the interior of
> that hose can
> break down and create a oneway valve. Is there any way to
> check the clutch without pulling the engine?

I've heard this, too, but I've never experienced it.
You could test the hose hypothesis by pressing the
clutch pedal repeatedly, then starting the car and
seeing if the slipping begins right away.  Or you
could just replace the hose. That would be an easy
and relatively inexpensive repair, and it might
solve the problem.