Re: [Mgs] Activity

To: Tom Daughdrill <lincman90@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Activity
From: Jody Kerr <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 00:22:34 -0700
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Here in Arizona it's finally getting cool enough to work on cars outside.

My daughter (13) is working on her first restoration, a 1970 MGB. The
intent is that she gets it finished by the time she gets her driver's
license. Before the summer got too hot we pulled the exhaust, the fuel
system and the exterior lights. Recently we contructed one of those
temporary garages from Harbor Freight over the car and she'll finish
stripping the interior next. Hopefully over Christmas break.

On the not so MG side (but still very MG) I'm tearing through a '69
Sprite right now that was supposed to be her mum's first restoration.
But, now we're expecting, so I got left with this car taking up prime
real estate in my garage. Right now I'm stripping and restoring the
electrical system and dash. Next is the carbs. Should hopefully have
the engine/tranny out, last of the bolted on bits off, and the
external sheetmetal off the car by Christmas. Then it's blast, paint
and reassemble.

Jody

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/

1953 Studebaker Champion            1960 Austin Healey 3000 (BT7L/5479)
1974 Jensen Healey MKII (14291)   1974 Jensen Healey MKII (18854)
1978 Triumph Spitfire (Mum's)         1981 Triumph TR8
1970 MG MGB                               1980 Triumph TR7
disinclination to do so."
--Douglas Adams