[Mgs] MGB_accessories

To: "mgs-autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] MGB_accessories
From: Don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:54:24 -0800
http://blog.earlymgb.com/files/6/5/4/4/0/311733-304456/MGB_accessories_196200
01.pdf

A friend of mine back about 1970 or so had two
Mk1 MGB roadsters.  One of the cars had imitation
leopard skin seat covers which my friend thought
were a real plus for the car.  I thought they
looked very declassi, and that they must have
been sourced from K-Mart.  I later read somewhere
that these seat covers were an option, and were a
genuine BMC factory accessory.  Someone at BMC
must have visited India and been enamored with
the look of a wildcat for seat covering and
convinced management to offer these things to MG buyers as an accessory.

(Thanks to BLOG.EARLYMGB.COM)

Don Scott
Calistoga CA USA
1955 MGTF