Re: [Mgs] roving burglars looking for MGs?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] roving burglars looking for MGs?
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 09:50:20 -0800 (PST)
--- On Fri, 2/1/13, Don <don@napanet.net> wrote:

> Apparently they did not
go into
> the garage at
> all, so the MGs were not tampered with nor was
anything
> taken from
> inside the garage..  But, owner's manuals and keys
were
> taken from
> three of my Japanese cars; two of the cars were in a

carport, and one
> was outside.  It's a mystery as to what they were up
> to,
as valuables
> were not taken, nor any of the cars taken.

About a dozen
years ago, some kids came into my
yard and rooted through my car at the time,
an S-10
Chevy Blazer.  They left a portable CD player, my
Valentine One radar
detector and my checkbook.  They
opened and looked at a Webster wire recorder
that
was in back.  They took a ring of keys, a laser
pointer, a canvas satchel
I used as a brief case
(after dumping the contents out), and a London Fog
rain
coat.  It was December, and when the Christmas
lights on the garage (on a
timer) came on, it scared
them off.  The car doors closing woke me up.  From
that point on, I put in a motion-sensing yard light
(which since has been
turned on numerous times by
deer and raccoons, but never by burglars).  I also
lock my car at night.  Sad to have to do that in
your own yard, but this was
the second time this had
happened in 15 years.  My MGA in locked in the
garage, as prescribed by Hagerty.