Re: [Mgs] Spurned an offer [now: clutch effort]

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@sonic.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Spurned an offer [now: clutch effort]
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:17:45 -0000
PS.  You could reduce the distance between the pedal fulcrum and the
push-rod to increase the leverage, but to get the same travel of the release
bearing you would need more travel of the pedal, i.e. at rest the clutch pad
would be higher than the brake pad, which would probably need a modification
to the area around the pedal to allow that to happen.  My 2004 ZS 180 is
like that, and someone came up with a modification to level the two pads for
some reason.  No idea why, with left foot clutch and right foot accelerator
and brake one's feet soon 'learn' the heights of each pedal, and reducing
the travel would make the clutch heavier (assuming they retained the same
travel at the clutch itself).

PaulH.