Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 70, Issue 22

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 70, Issue 22
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 00:20:55 -0500
References: <mailman.1.1364320802.7891.mgs@autox.team.net> s=q20121106; t=1364361661; bh=AWYVh8MVdoWpKe/dOIGwi9sYb50KpdPd1z9YynlDg/U=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:MIME-Version:To:Subject: Content-Type; b=tS+lqbUodeqTIuExe+AnV10hlO+fE37Unt/mKcPmC27damwnEYTAdfphIxm0O0MMN RcLbxet9PkhuRuXyvGSWoaNJL8P7CuJpzJA0ck2aYhjIWr3Es7fcWe93nwPHbPv5ps 7MtfqWqRLacrddZLLZAmS/son/LxC/2BhSrVWJQVK+g4LX4A9SySy9ITXbnM/Sqosd 6w2ANdCy2x7Z6lk5CCTadg7xTjwP7Lh9ufvudz2buwYMtyaGsljE8RtJHBmteDFrl1 VTyciPv+3mMXQa/wioyaALsTuhfadGgSEOBVOISRD4SwiP+SufiPge2zoDcJblNkFn WiBM6/RYvXO7w==
It also tallies with the two wrecks I've been in with B's. The first one
I rear-ended at forty mph a full sized Buick at a dead stop after the
guy between us swerved to reveal him. (My fault, I admit) I walked away
without injury and no one else was hurt, thankfully. I was actually able
to re-use some of the front suspension bits and the engine survived.

In the other *I* was rear ended, at a dead stop waiting for a light, by
a kid with a cell phone but no insurance or skid marks at about 35 or 40
mph. I limped away but didn't require a hospital visit. I'm still using
the rear end, prop shaft and transmission from that car. And the engine
is in the bay waiting a rebuild.

And they were both roadsters. Sturdy little cars. I have a suspicion
that the rust formed crush zones that Sid or the factory hadn't thought
about.

The other thing I noticed in the photos was WOW, what a slick way to do
a paint job!

Think about it - do the smoothing, and apply a polymer plastic film that
has an underlayment of POR-15 to stop the rust! And that's only for the
first layer! You could have rip-off colors!

Glenn "Too old to see it through" Schnittke