Re: [Mgs] Going to look at buying an MG Midget soon, what should I be

To: Andrew Lundgren <lundgren@byu.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Going to look at buying an MG Midget soon, what should I be wary of?
From: Mike E <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:16:44 -0400
Andrew,
It's mostly the same stuff, same places.  Rust in the dogleg, rust at the
bottom of the front fender, floors, trunk.  Check under the carpet for signs
of water/rust.  Beware of doors that don't fit right.  The bonnets have a
tendency to fly up as the rubber/plastic buffers get worn, so look for sign of
that having happened in the past, and make sure it's all nice and firm-feeling
now (doesn't wobble from side to side when closed, no excessive up and down
play when it's closed and you push down on it).

I'm not all that familiar with the 1500 engine, so maybe someone else will
fill us in on their quirks.

Good luck!
-Mike Eldred
77 MGB