Re: [Mgs] Nice weather has brought out the classic cars in the UK

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Nice weather has brought out the classic cars in the UK
From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 10:00:36 -0500
<< On 5/7/2013 5:02 AM, PaulHunt73 wrote:
these days it's just knots of cyclists often being inconsiderate if
not offensive. >>

The UK is NOT alone in the above, Paul  ! ? !

There is one chap (not gent) that stops in my local.  One afternoon
last late spring he came in an
elbowed his way to the bar between a pal of mine and I that were just
sitting there having a pint.

So over the din I said rather loudly:  "Bob, how many pedaller points
you get today?"

He replied: "None, damnit !  Didn't even see any of the arrogant
bastards (L'dOL).  You??".

Got almost lucky, got 4 points, two down in the grass ! !" !  I went
on:  "The ass-holes were wheel-
to-wheel and in-line in the CENTER of my lane.  I recognized one of
them by his spandex <G> so I
'started' to pass - got back of my passenger door even with leader's
front wheel and gave a good
tug to the right to my steering wheel <G>.  The one I recognized
already had guessed what was up so
he yelled to his partner and THEY 'tugged to the right' and headed for
the wild grass/weeds.  That stuff dislikes pedallers worse than me &
Bob <VBG> so OFF the bikes and go for a skid on their faces/chests <G>."

So Bob says: "Ed, you should get 6 points."  I replied: "No, no, Bob.
Would have been 6 "IF" they had
landed on tarmac and then skidded into the grass/weeds !".  Bob
replied: "Damn, forgot.  I guess
'cause I never been lucky enough to get a two-fer !".

So the chap had apparently had enough and said:  "You guys are real
pricks !   We have legal rights
to ride the roadways with cars."

Bob nodded to me so I said to him:  "yep, you sure do BUT you are
required to OBEY The Rules of
The Road exactly like motor vehicles."

He got a REAL bad look & frown and just put his pint down (with 2/3rds
left<G>) and left ! ! !

Bob and I started to LAUGH !s ! !   We were laughing so hard that the
bartender came over and asked
why.  So Bob gave him a short version of above and he started to laugh
but not hard enough to forget
to buy us a pint ON THE HOUSE <VBG> ! ! !

The forgoing IS a True story except no biker actually went down nor
were any hurt (damnit) <G> ! ! !

Ed

PS:  Also Paul, ours are extremely ARROGANT ! ! !