Re: [Mgs] Nice weather has brought out the classic cars in the UK

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Nice weather has brought out the classic cars in the UK
From: "Douglas McKinnie" <d.mckinnie@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:18:07 -0400
Z-usanet-msgid: XID985ReJusH7760X31
>I don't know if you could get a safety sticker on one. Getting is
>smogged, fer instance.:-(

>> On another tack it's also
> noticeable how many MGFs/TFs are for sale on the
>> owners mag for less than
> #3k, one for #500 this month.
>
> Have they hit the 25-year mark yet? I wonder
> what it costs
> to ship one to the US.

MG RV8 introduced in 1992, so they hit the 25-year mark in 2017
MGF introduced in 1995, so it hits the 25-year mark in 2020

I presume that the prices for both have fallen since Australia tightened up
their restrictions on classic imports.

Here is detail on how to get the car into the USA legally. Getting it legally
registered for road use in your own state is another problem -- easier in
some
than others:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/278/~/importing-classic-or-antiq
ue-vehicles-%2F-cars-for-personal-use