Re: [Mgs] 1970 MGB turn signal switch replacement

To: "davewillner" <davewillner@pa.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1970 MGB turn signal switch replacement
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 14:24:19 +0100
The buzzer will sound whenever there is an earth on the purple/pink wire
from the ignition switch to the buzzer, which should only happen when the
key is in the ignition, AND there is 12v on the purple/green from the second
door switch to the buzzer, which should only happen when the door is open.

It sounds like either the purple/pink is shorting to earth somewhere, or the
ignition switch is failing to disconnect the earth from that wire when the
key is out.  Disconnect the wire from the ignition switch somehow, and see
if that stops it.  If not, the wire is earthing, if it does, then the switch
is faulty.

PaulH.