[Mgs] Dynamic timing 74 B

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Dynamic timing 74 B
From: Bill Mills <bmills46@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 11:05:00 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I need to reset my timing on the 74 with HIF's; The dizzy vacuum advance had
been faulty for years and I replaced the vacuum advance and installed points
and capacitor.  She is idling fast but that is probably because of the leaky
throttle shaft bushings.  It also overheats to some extent which is likely due
to being too rich and not having the timing set correctly.  What is the
consensus of what the dynamic timing should be set with vacuum advance
disconnected and plugged off??  Right now it still wants to idle at 1400 or
1500 and I know I need to get it down to 800 but I'll start with the timing and
move to the carbs next.