Re: [Mgs] Miss

To: "Monte Jane Morris" <montejane@gmail.com>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Miss
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:53:19 +0100
Fuel, HT or condenser.  Points/dizzier contacts (same thing) would show on
the tach.  I can't really see it being water or muck in the fuel if it does
it under the same conditions each time and not others.  Just before an
upshift and going up hills you are likely to be using more fuel than at
other times, so it could be fuel delivery.  However having it at town speeds
as well doesn't chime with that.  A delivery check is easy, disconnect a
fuel feed pipe from a container, switch on the ignition, and it should
deliver at the very least one Imperial pint per minute in a continuous
series of pulses with minimal bubbling, and in practice more than double
that.

Just got back from 400 miles and three days of touring the southern counties
of the UK in 90F - hot for us!

PaulH.