Re: [Mgs] gas leak

To: Monte Jane Morris <montejane@gmail.com>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] gas leak
From: Bill Mills <bmills46@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:09:53 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Got the hat!
Trash in the integral float bowl of the carby.  Probably caused the jet of the
front carb to be partially plugged which caused the miss on accel (continued
running on back carb but missing on acceleration).  Now the trash had caused
the needle valve on the float to hang, flooding the bowl and going out the
overflow.  Mr recommendation would be to pull both carbs off and clean out the
bowls (mine had grit in the bottom of the bowls.  Also change the fuel filter.

Bill
74 bgt with Sabrinas