Re: [Mgs] [Mg-t] Starter rebuild...

To: Rick Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mg-t] Starter rebuild...
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 17:56:40 -0500
Cc: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
I prefer the gmail client.

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 6, 2013, at 4:48 PM, Rick Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dan. B Android e-mail tool only allows fancy-schmancy text, with no
simple ASCII text option. B Sorry.

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just
like a BlackBerry.

the posts with them reminds me of Mushmouth -

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMADJcimnds
>
> (You'll get the idea in the first 15 seconds or so..... ;-)
>
> Dan D
> '76B, '65B
> Central NJ USA
>

> ________________________________

and lubricated, where appropriate. B Bushes are just fine, oil soaked and
their journals are smooth.

>> What I did discover is that the brass terminal post is not soldered to the
field windings! B The two flat conductors from the field, were just pinched
into the slot in the inner end of the post. B They were quite grimey at the
contact point, so they've been like this for quite a while.

>> Reviewing the workshop manual today, I see that the flat conductors should
be (apparently) soldered to the post. B Can you verify that is correct? B
Considering the current drawn, I can't imagine that a simple press-fit
connection is valid - but I could be wrong. B Your thoughts?

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-t/kingseim@earthlink.net