Re: [Mgs] Yay Moss - lighting upgrade report

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@sonic.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Yay Moss - lighting upgrade report
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 08:24:56 +0100
On a different tack to bulbs:  The gasket is there to provide a seal against
water ingress, and there is another one behind the lamp unit against the
body.  I don't know how thick the originals were, but when I replaced my
front parking lights as soon as I started fitting the lenses and chrome
surround it was obvious that the edge of the chrome was going to dig in to
my new paint.  I had to pre-fit a nut to each stud to space them out, which
needed three gaskets on the back to fill the gap.  I've seen the car
featured on the front of Clausager's book at a show and the edges of his
chrome were dug into the paint as well, so it wasn't just mine.

PaulH.