[Mgs] Leaky or stuck float needle valves

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Leaky or stuck float needle valves
From: daybell7@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:32:20 -0400 (EDT)
I'm an MGB person and read this list regularly.  I just solved a leaky float
needle valve on a Triumph motorcycle that's plagued me for a couple years:  I
polished the valve seats with polishing compound on a q-tip in a variable
speed drill.  New needle valves and new gas too.

Steve Hughes
Gainesville, FL
73 TR6
72 B
68 GT
59 Minor

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 08:38:25 -0400
From: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net> wrote

Hello list. I have a 66 MGB that hasn't been driven much this year. Took it
out yesterday on a very nice Smoky Mountain day. I have two issues that
require advice. The needle valves on both carb float bowls stick
occasionally. Is there a proper way to clean or lubricate them to prevent
sticking?