Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 86, Issue 8

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 86, Issue 8
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:58:40 -0500
References: <mailman.3.1406484001.8913.mgs@autox.team.net> s=q20140121; t=1406512736; bh=Jwkn5yyzCCup7O7PIsPwO7XLAGIBoD9DK3LTwsCjAwA=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:MIME-Version:To:Subject: Content-Type; b=rxLi45sfAV5rcpeaHfR7h6cwktOPz4lJ3ytG0mAwYnIx/BXzqCpkskftpYpbs9UEu Jb3ToWKZDwcTZzsfx7kZIbSjGjdAJ9mbPfBgQMkC7SPiGWJ9iIFscPE36qH9xcv8QN lbE2624uitkawxHI+BKv5/n6e6/w/Il4SaGewo8BjMY7PdbC2fAEeVxvMuhuTC069H HHs8iGiB6UDFU1Z4OHZWnLLB5wdWeOc6PCUvReYwnYImPl5SCCwq34VaDLaP0L2bgF 1i51HJHVtCj6zwfmf48Pj8VaqVJiFyPHo71+NHIbQ5CXnd39ooALEE6hhff1yFDR0U AT/QxX+nrXzMQ==
Matt,

It could very well be a bad new part(ie., one caliper).  It also could
be striving for perfection.

A little drag is acceptable. Too much isn't. If you race the caror drive
it to work everyday it's an issue. If you drive it 200 miles a year it
isn't. If you can easily rotate the wheel after applying and letting off
the brake pedal I wouldn't worry much about it. The worst it's going to
do, if it's bad, is make the car pull to one side on fast heavy braking.

Make sure your rear brakes are in good shape and adjusted. Take it out
for a test drive.In a safe place, slam on the brakes. If it pulls to one
side or the other you've got a problem. If it doesn't, then all you're
concerned with is slightly more wear on one side than the other. Over
several thousand miles.

The master cylinder in your car is going to have the same effect on both
sides of the car front and rear. If only one wheel is locking it's not
the M/C.

That's my take.

Glenn