Re: [Mgs] $156,00 Refplica

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] $156,00 Refplica
From: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:30:57 -0700
I really don't see how one could top $50K on mechanical, body and paint --
this is a simple little car, not a prewar Bugatti or 70s Lamborghini. I
imagine there is a fair amount of money in electronic gewgaws (nav system,
alarm, power accessories) and de luxe finishes (hides, carpet... but I
didn't see any woodwork), and I suppose there is more in hidden regulatory
improvements (emissions certification, crash testing). But I have to think
they are building in a 100% profit with that pricing. Nice if you can get
it.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149