Re: [Mgs] MGB Journal

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB Journal
From: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 13:49:48 -0700
Cool.

You probably didn't watch the A's game last night. It was epic and
heartbreaking. I was sure the Royals manager had thrown the game away when
he pulled his starter -- it certainly looked that way for a couple innings.
Then the KC running game went wild. I've never seen anything like it -- it
was like Rickey Henderson was on the bases every inning.

The horribly ironic part was the ending. The A's called a pitch out and
actually had the runner dead to rights (for the first and only time), but
the catcher took his eye off the ball and it squirted out of his mitt. The
runner immediately scored from second on a base hit without a play.

I don't know how that running game will pan out in a longer series -- they
seem to have stuffed the roster with speedsters for this one game.  Next
round they will need some pinch hitters and pitchers on the roster,
presumably.

--
Max Heim
mvheim@sonic.net