Re: [Mgs] MGA 1960 still in full restoration

To: Andrew Lundgren <lundgren@byu.net> mail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA 1960 still in full restoration
From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 16:31:52 -0400
Cc: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>

--=====================_1473765984==.ALT

Hey!

How about 14 years for an engine rebuild !!!!!!!
2 years for a paint job - that's not so bad

At 01:07 PM 4/9/2015 -0600, Andrew Lundgren via Mgs wrote:
>Four years is a LONG time to wait.=C2  It isn't=20
>getting any younger and I imagine you aren't=20
>either.=C2  Sounds like $ is the way to increase the speed...
>
>On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Thompson Allan=20
>Hi guys,
>
>I keep monitoring the posts and thinking=20
>longingly of the time I will be able to drive our 1960 MGA.
>
>Our car has been undergoing a body off, frame up=20
>restoration for going on 4 years.....
>The restorer, Hoyt's in Sarasota do fantastic=20
>work but are sooooo slow... unless you have lots=20
>of bucks or one of their main customers, like=20
>the Sarasota Car Museum. Our small vehicle gets=20
>put to one side each time a more prestigious job comes in...
>
>Each weekly visit reveals more superb specimens=20
>in the workshops... and ours is proceeding - but slowly.
>
>At first, the pace suited us, as funding at a=20
>slow pace was easy... but it has become more and=20
>more frustrating. We don't want to upset them=20
>too much because we want a good job.... and we=20
>have considered taking the car to another=20
>restorer - but the car is in pieces and who knows what might get lost.
>
>Engine work was shipped out to a local engine=20
>shop and was completed 2 years ago and is sitting on the restored frame.
>
>Bodywork has taken an age and the aluminum doors and hood had to be welded.
>
><https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6ipin4nqqu05g96/AADJO8EnqBdJKxrfbkIA6cwEa>https=
://www.dropbox.com/sc/6ipin4nqqu05g96/AADJO8EnqBdJKxrfbkIA6cwEa

>Allan

am.net/mailman/options/mgs/lundgren@byu.net

Regards,
Barrie

Barrie Robinson                         Go with the flow - but paddle hard
MGB GT V8 in concours condition
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII under restoration
www.AMFClub.com
www.britcot.com
www.vectisgroup.ca
barrie@look.ca
Barrie, Ontario
705-721-9060=20
--=====================_1473765984==.ALT

Hey!<br><br>
How about 14 years for an engine rebuild !!!!!!!<br>
2 years for a paint job - that's not so bad<br><br>
At 01:07 PM 4/9/2015 -0600, Andrew Lundgren via Mgs wrote:<br>
wait.=C2&nbsp; It isn't getting any younger and I imagine you aren't
either.=C2&nbsp; Sounds like $ is the way to increase the speed...<br><br>
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Thompson Allan via Mgs
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mgs@autox.team.net";>mgs@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
wrote:<br>

<dl>

<dd>I keep monitoring the posts and thinking longingly of the time I will
be able to drive our 1960 MGA.<br><br>

<dd>Our car has been undergoing a body off, frame up restoration for
going on 4 years..... <br>

<dd>The restorer, Hoyt's in Sarasota do fantastic work but are sooooo
slow... unless you have lots of bucks or one of their main customers,
like the Sarasota Car Museum. Our small vehicle gets put to one side each
time a more prestigious job comes in...<br><br>

<dd>Each weekly visit reveals more superb specimens in the workshops...
and ours is proceeding - but slowly.<br><br>

<dd>At first, the pace suited us, as funding at a slow pace was easy...
but it has become more and more frustrating. We don't want to upset them
too much because we want a good job.... and we have considered taking the
car to another restorer - but the car is in pieces and who knows what
might get lost.<br><br>

<dd>Engine work was shipped out to a local engine shop and was completed
2 years ago and is sitting on the restored frame.<br><br>

<dd>Bodywork has taken an age and the aluminum doors and hood had to be
welded.<br><br>

<dd>
wEa">
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6ipin4nqqu05g96/AADJO8EnqBdJKxrfbkIA6cwEa</a>

<dd>Allan<br>

<dd><a href=3D"mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a><br>

<dd>Donate:

<dd>Suggested annual donation=C2&nbsp; $12.75<br>

<dd>Archive:

<dd>Forums:

<dd>Unsubscribe:

</dl><br>
_______________________________________________<br><br>
Mgs@autox.team.net<br>
Donate:
Archive:
Forums:
http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
Unsubscribe:
=3D"autourl">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrie@look.ca</a></blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Regards,&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
Barrie<br><br>
Barrie
Robinson<x-tab>&nbsp;</x-tab><x-tab>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab><x-tab>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab><x-tab>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Go with the flow
- but paddle hard<br>
MGB GT V8 in concours condition<br>
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII under restoration<br>
</a><a href=3D"http://www.britcot.com/"; eudora=3D"autourl">www.britcot.com<b=
r>
</a><a href=3D"http://www.vectisgroup.ca/"; eudora=3D"autourl">
www.vectisgroup.ca<br>