Re: [Mgs] Fuel smell in boot/trunk

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fuel smell in boot/trunk
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 09:21:16 -0500
 From looking at the wiring diagram of the MGA I see that it doesn't
have a voltage stabilizer to feed the gas gauge & sender;  it depends on
the output voltage (V) of a terminal on the control box. I suppose
that's a nominal 12V but I don't know the  delta V. Either MG A or B
that supply V is going to vary a bit from car to car with the B being
better regulated and you have to take into consideration the condition
of the wiring harness, so I agree that each gauge should be calibrated
on the car.   Also, I've never seen a gas gauge whose readings I have
ever considered to be exact.  I see it more like a guide.

CR