Re: [Mgs] MGB V8 rear end noise

To: Jim Ray <jimray@hartcom.net>, MGB List <mgs@autox.team.net>, MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB V8 rear end noise
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 20:24:45 -0500
--===============9116845675878167459==
 boundary="------------000704070500030405030900"

--------------000704070500030405030900

Even a new ring & pinion set will whine if the gear lash is not set
correctly.  Who installed the parts & set them up?  Another thing to
look for is wear in the isolator pads between the axle & the springs.
You don't want metal-to-metal contact.

CR

On 4/28/2015 8:35 AM, Jim Ray via Mgs wrote:
> My 1980 MGB V8 conversion has a Ford 8" rear end that makes a terrible
> whining noise. I have replaced the crown and pinion gears but saw no
> improvement. I am guessing that the pinion angle may be off. Does
> anyone have a suggestion to what the proper angle should be? Any
>
> Jim Ray

--------------000704070500030405030900

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Even a new ring &amp; pinion set will whine if the gear lash is not
    set correctly.  Who installed the parts &amp; set them up?  Another
    thing to look for is wear in the isolator pads between the axle
    &amp; the springs.  You don't want metal-to-metal contact.<br>
    CR<br>
      wrote:<br>
        charset=windows-1252">
        8" rear end that makes a terrible whining noise. I have replaced
        the crown and pinion gears but saw no improvement. I am guessing
        that the pinion angle may be off. Does anyone have a suggestion
        to what the proper angle should be? Any suggestions would be
        greatly appreciated.<br>
        Jim Ray<br>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/ccrobins@ktc.com";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/ccrobins@ktc.com</a>
</pre>

--------------000704070500030405030900--