Re: [Mgs] triangular vent window seal replacement

To: davewillner@pa.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] triangular vent window seal replacement
From: mgbob--- via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 21:52:46 GMT
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Full-name: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
--===============0012596711744069016==

----__JWM__J3cb3684d.5c1eb9c4S.59134881M

  The pivot bolt passes through the rubber seal. Its nut and spring are =
underneath. While you --might-- be able to undo them from inside the doo=
r (I forget details) it would be best that you use penetrating oil gener=
ously on the nut so the bolt is not broken.   I removed the entire frame=
 for the job, as that gave opportunity to clean and lubricate winder mec=
hanism, adjust the channels, etc.  Ask for current recommendations for t=
he rubber. Five or six years ago when I did it, the rubber supplied by o=
ne vendor was, at best, an approximate fit. It is cracking and splitting=
 now, so the replacement is to be anticipated this coming winter.Bob