Re: [Mgs] steering wheel quest

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] steering wheel quest
From: Phil Bacon via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 16:05:35 GMT
Full-name: "Phil Bacon" <pboldtrix@juno.com>
--===============2556060153202770439==

----__JWM__J3bde0504.7bbf2d02S.38bc40dbM

David.......if you like the looks of the banjo steering wheel, consider =
using an early MG Midget wheel.  It has two chrome spokes on the  radial=
s instead of three, is an inch or so smaller in diameter, and is virtual=
ly indistinguishable from the original.  I did this on my 67 GT and no o=
ne notices the difference.  The boss matches but you'll need to do some =
shop mods on the original horn push button to make it work as well as cr=
eate a threaded allen bolt hole to fasten it to the wheel.  Moss has the=
m, but be sure to get the early one...the later midget wheel boss won't =
fit.  Phil Bacon67 MGBGT72 TR6       =