Re: [Mgs] Brake bleeding

To: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brake bleeding
From: i erbs via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 05:53:45 -0800
Cc: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>

--0000000000000626e8057b18f79e

Thanks to all who have replied

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018, 12:40 AM PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com wrote:

> Longest run to shortest is correct, with the handbrake released to
> minimise the cavity in the wheel cylinders.  I've always used an EeziBled -
> at no more than 15psi - to initially fill and bleed both clutch and brake
> systems, but that has always left the brake pedal long and soft.  It pumps
> up with a couple of quick strokes, then after a couple of seconds goes long
> and soft again - i.e. still some air in.  The second step is for someone to
> press down very hard on the pedal, then I rapidly open and close a caliper
> nipple, first one side then the other.  That always blasts more air out and
> after that it is fine.  The front of the car needs to be slightly higher
> than the rear.
>
> But if just replacing fluid on an otherwise working system then an
> EeziBleed and opening each nipple in turn until the fluid runs clear should
> be all that is needed.
>
> PaulH.

=3D"gmail_signature">Ira Erbs<br>Portland, OR<br>typos and artifacts are th=
tr">On Tue, Nov 20, 2018, 12:40 AM PaulHunt73 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:paulhun=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc =
solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

e=20
released to minimise the cavity in the wheel cylinders.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve alwa=
ys used=20
an EeziBled - at no more than 15psi - to initially fill and bleed both clut=
ch=20
and brake systems, but that has always left the brake pedal long and soft.=
=C2=A0=20
It pumps up with a couple of quick strokes, then after a couple of seconds =
goes=20
long and soft again - i.e. still some air in.=C2=A0 The second step is for=
=20
someone to press down very hard on the pedal, then I rapidly open and=20
close=C2=A0a caliper nipple, first one side then the other.=C2=A0 That alwa=
ys=20
blasts more air out and after that it is fine.=C2=A0 The front of the car n=
eeds=20
to be slightly higher than the rear.</font></div>
ystem=20
then an EeziBleed and opening each nipple in turn until the fluid runs clea=
r=20
should be all that is needed.</font></div>
-RIGHT:0px;MARGIN-LEFT:5px;MARGIN-RIGHT:0px">
=20
  indicate that bleeding the brakes on my 67B is not as straight forwatd as=
 say=20
  my big Healey. So could someone provide directions of the proceedure? I w=
ould=20
  start with cyl farthest away and work my way to the front.</div>

--0000000000000626e8057b18f79e--

--===============0367149715784976138==