Re: [Mgs] i am so frustrated!!!!

To: dave <dave@ranteer.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] i am so frustrated!!!!
From: Charley Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 13:21:10 -0500

--------------0EBBA54DC12D942DFEBFB7ED

I take it you mean the engine cranks on the starter but won't start
running.  Could it be that you inadvertently disconnect a wire to the
coil or distributor while you were replacing the valve cover, etc?
Check to see if it has a spark.

CR

On 3/19/2019 8:27 PM, dave via Mgs wrote:

> You may remember I posted a picture of a non running 78 B I picked
> up.  Removed the valve cover, lined up the valves, used a steel rod to
> ensure #1 was at TDC, backed it off just a bit so it was about 10
> degrees BTC and found that the rotor pointed to one of the dizzy
> wires.  Not #1 btw.  The wires were just all wrong; took them all off
> and put them in correctly.  Car fired right up using starter fluid,
> but wouldn?t continue to run.
>
> Definitely due to impatience, and not following a logical sequence of
> trouble shooting, after blowing out the fuel line, swapping out the
> electric fuel pump, I finally figured out that the fuel line between
> the gas tank and the fuel pump was clogged.  (Didn?t blow that one
> out!!!)  and yes I?m planning on replacing ALL rubber fuel lines.
>
> Got it really purring on the new fuel pump, swapped the old one back
> in and the car ran fine.
>
> got all the wiring reredone after I butchered it reremoving and
> rereplacing fuel pumps, put back the various hoses and things I had
> removed in the engine compartment after removing the valve cover.
>
> Nada.
>
> Nothing.
>
> Even with starter fluid.
>
> Time to do something else.  I?ll revisit this another day and in the
> meantime hook it back up to the battery charger.

--------------0EBBA54DC12D942DFEBFB7ED

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
    I take it you mean the engine cranks on the starter but won't start
    running.  Could it be that you inadvertently disconnect a wire to
    the coil or distributor while you were replacing the valve cover,
    etc?  Check to see if it has a spark.<br>
    CR<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:001c01d4debc$15cc8590$416590b0$@ranteer.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563C1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#954F72;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
          #1 btw.  The wires were just all wrong; took them all off and
          put them in correctly.  Car fired right up using starter
          fluid, but wouldn?t continue to run.<o:p></o:p></p>
          following a logical sequence of trouble shooting, after
          blowing out the fuel line, swapping out the electric fuel
          pump, I finally figured out that the fuel line between the gas
          tank and the fuel pump was clogged.  (Didn?t blow that one
          out!!!)  and yes I?m planning on replacing ALL rubber fuel
          lines.<o:p></o:p></p>
          swapped the old one back in and the car ran fine.  <o:p></o:p></p>
          butchered it reremoving and rereplacing fuel pumps, put back
          the various hoses and things I had removed in the engine
          compartment after removing the valve cover.<o:p></o:p></p>
          this another day and in the meantime hook it back up to the
          battery charger.<o:p></o:p></p>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/charley38@twc.com";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/charley38@twc.com</a>
</pre>

--------------0EBBA54DC12D942DFEBFB7ED--

--===============6385789525786370786==