Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Speakers in door panel

To: "MGB List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "MGB V8 List" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, "Barrie Robinson" <barrob@bell.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Speakers in door panel
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 08:32:11 +0100 qh/XrB1QPsxbQHvKWn8ARKdifvl50eeKhfYdqxTQEeEjE6Cju7geSW82I3ryE/02sKhYalR13m81OjxTHWspB2ElqP3UZZqTY7LXokDGn786b4lJlwwq6+a7

--===============9157971853270132856==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_009C_01D4FF2F.34AE2200"

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01D4FF2F.34AE2200
        charset="utf-8"

Not entirely sure I under stand the problem.  If they are flush mount =
you have to find somewhere on the door where they can be recessed =
without fouling anything, then transfer that over to the panel.  If you =
cut that from the back you should be able to leave a pocket unaffected.  =
If they are surface mount then lower front is probably the only suitable =
area, which may be where any pockets are.  But map pockets are usually =
in the footwell liners.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  I am having difficulty in putting speakers in my 1970 MGB GT.  I know =
they can be put in the doors but I need some information on how.  Can =
anyone give me useful details which the blokes doing the install can =
follow.  I have Prestige UK (I am in Canada) panels an they have map =
pockets which the install guys do not want to cut.

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01D4FF2F.34AE2200
        charset="utf-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8" http-equiv=3Dcontent-type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff text=3D#000000>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Not entirely sure I under stand the problem.&nbsp; =
If they are=20
flush mount you have to find somewhere on the door where they can be =
recessed=20
without fouling anything, then transfer that over to the panel.&nbsp; If =
you cut=20
that from the back you should be able to leave&nbsp;a pocket =
unaffected.&nbsp;=20
If they are surface mount then lower front is probably the only suitable =
area,=20
which may be where any pockets are.&nbsp; But map pockets are usually in =
the=20
footwell liners.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV><FONT=20
  size=3D-1><FONT face=3DArial><BR>I am having difficulty in putting =
speakers in my=20
  1970 MGB GT.&nbsp; I know they can be put in the doors but I need some =

  information on how.&nbsp; Can anyone give me useful details which the =
blokes=20
  doing the install can follow.&nbsp; I have Prestige UK (I am in =
Canada) panels=20
  an they have map pockets which the install guys do not want to=20
  cut.<BR></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>