Re: [Mgs] mga radiator

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] mga radiator
From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 09:33:14 -0400

--------------6276B4C8CC85CC6F6D953045

I had to get a new radiator for my 1957 Aston but prices were
ridiculous. Like anything Aston it was both complex and well
engineered.   But standard it was not.  I just hung on and one day found
a radiator  company that had made one but the customer reneged.  So they
sold it to me at bargain basement price.  Morale of this story is "look
and ye shall find".   I got my MGB GT V8 made to my specs by Howe Racing
and it was not vastly expensive.  I seem to remember it was more than
bog standard but not by much.   It is penny wise pound foolish and
getting a /good/ radiator is sanguinary important.

Barrie from Barrie

On 5/2/2019 3:15 AM, PaulHunt73 via Mgs wrote:
> Hmmm.  With my cynical hat on I'd say that could be a way of spending
> $400 rather than $300.
>
> PaulH.

  <head>
  </head>
        my 1957 Aston but prices were ridiculous. Like anything Aston it
        was both complex and well engineered.   But standard it was
        not.  I just hung on and one day found a radiator  company that
        had made one but the customer reneged.  So they sold it to me at
        bargain basement price.  Morale of this story is "look and ye
        shall find".   I got my MGB GT V8 made to my specs by Howe
        Racing and it was not vastly expensive.  I seem to remember it
        was more than bog standard but not by much.   It is penny wise
        pound foolish and getting a <i>good</i> radiator is sanguinary
        important.<br>
        Barrie from Barrie<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:C7EFFCB3853E47AEA8300020F3A777F1@paul">Hmmm.  With my
      cynical hat on I'd say that could be a way of spending $400 rather
      than $300.
      PaulH.
        original radiator rather then buying a replacement, because the
        new ones
        have fewer "tubes" (whatever the actual term is in
        radiator-speak) in them
        than the originals, so there is less surface area for cooling.
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>
      Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
      Suggested annual donation  $12.75
href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"