[Mgs] Another LBC project, OT

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Another LBC project, OT
From: Richard Lindsay via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 17:39:28 -0500

--0000000000006e0927058f3e269e

Hello friends,
   I write today to share news of project progress. But first, here is a
bit of back story. The car is a '75 TR6. Yea, I know. OT but similar to
issues we face with MGs.
   Everything mechanical is done on the car except for the rear brakes. All
suspension, front and rear, has been removed, cleaned, refinished and
reinstalled with new bushings. New dampers are installed. New brake
calipers, new slave cylinders, new pads and shoes too. The rotors and brake
drums are turned to resurface and true. New front hydraulic pipes and hoses
are installed. The engine is restored and very strong. The clutch, gearbox,
prop shaft, and third member are all tested good. Aftermarket but
period-correct alloy wheels have been media blasted and powder coated and
sport new tires. Lug nuts and washers are getting powder coated (black)
this week. The car is now about ready to go to the paint shop. End of
backstory.
   The rear brake hydraulic bits are all restored except for painting the
cleaned brake pipes - the NLA ones that are not to be replaced. Those pipes
have been flushed clean with brake cleaner then blown dry. After degreasing
and cleaning the exterior with ScotchBrite, the pipe metal is vulnerable to
corrosion/rust. I will just paint the pipes gray. The other new pipes and
flex hoses are due to arrive Monday. Reassembly will begin then. After a
final bleed, the car will be ready for Carmine Red paint.

Rick

--0000000000006e0927058f3e269e

an><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-serif">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I write =
today to share news of project progress. But first, here is a bit of back s=
tory. The car is a &#39;75 TR6. Yea, I know. OT but similar to issues we fa=
ce with MGs.</div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-serif">=C2=A0=
 =C2=A0Everything mechanical is done on the car except for the rear brakes.=
 All suspension, front and rear, has been removed, cleaned, refinished and =
reinstalled with new bushings. New dampers are installed. New brake caliper=
s, new slave cylinders, new pads and shoes too. The rotors and brake drums =
are turned to resurface and true. New front hydraulic pipes and hoses are i=
nstalled. The engine is restored and very strong. The clutch, gearbox, prop=
 shaft, and third member are all tested good. Aftermarket but period-correc=
t alloy wheels have been media blasted and powder coated and sport new tire=
s. Lug nuts and washers are getting powder coated (black) this week. The ca=
r is now about ready to go to the paint shop. End of backstory.</div><div d=
ir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-serif">=C2=A0 =C2=A0The rear brake hy=
draulic bits are all restored except for painting the cleaned brake pipes -=
 the NLA ones that are not to be replaced. Those pipes have been flushed cl=
ean with brake cleaner then blown dry. After degreasing and cleaning the ex=
terior with ScotchBrite, the pipe metal is vulnerable to corrosion/rust. I =
will just paint the pipes gray. The other new pipes and flex hoses are due =
to arrive Monday. Reassembly will begin then. After a final bleed, the car =
will be ready for Carmine Red paint.</div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-f=
amily:sans-serif"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-ser=
if">Rick</div></div>

--0000000000006e0927058f3e269e--

--===============6478849041611178549==