Re: [Mgs] MGA Luggage rack

To: Dan DiBiase <dan.dibiase@gmail.com>, Thomas Gunderson <thgun@comporium.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA Luggage rack
From: Charley Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:56:22 -0500
Cc: mglist <Mgs@autox.team.net>

--------------DF4D0D3F53BAB022B622ED18

I have one on my B.  Used the hell out of it on a camping trip to CA.
Still use it now and then.

CR

On 8/10/2019 7:53 AM, Dan DiBiase via Mgs wrote:
> My B was the same, it came with a crappy luggage rack that was rusted,
> so I removed it and left the bolts in. I also don't like the look of
> it and don't need the extra carrying capacity. Always intended to
> source a used trunk lid and replace it but never made it to the top
> (or even near the top) of my to-do list.
>
> Dan D
> Central NJ USA
> http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/
>

> On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 9:50 PM Thomas Gunderson via Mgs
>

>     Sent from my iPhone X
>
>     When I got my car 22 years ago. The trunk had four holes in the
>     boot that had been plugged with a small rubber washer and a silver
>     domed bolt. I got a new rack from Moss. I found that the holes in
>     my boot did not lineup with the rack from Moss. I have the correct
>     style rack for the car. So the last owner had a smaller rack.
>     Now I find it hard to mount the correct rack and have to drill
>     four more holes in rhe boot. Should I leave it off or mount it?
>
>     Tom Gunderson
>     1957 MGA 1500 rst

--------------DF4D0D3F53BAB022B622ED18

  <head>
  </head>
    I have one on my B.  Used the hell out of it on a camping trip to
    CA.  Still use it now and then.  <br>
    CR<br>
      Mgs wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CABxEc+k=tV8LGV1KqDEstOaAoSaO-ke7jmpn==aHm0fvjpEZXA@mail.gmail.com">
        rack that was rusted, so I removed it and left the bolts in. I
        also don't like the look of it and don't need the extra carrying
        capacity. Always intended to source a used trunk lid and replace
        it but never made it to the top (or even near the top) of my
        to-do list.
              data-smartmail="gmail_signature">
                  target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/</a></div>
          Thomas Gunderson via Mgs &lt;<a
            href="mailto:mgs@autox.team.net";
moz-do-not-send="true">mgs@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><br>
          Sent from my iPhone X<br>
          When I got my car 22 years ago. The trunk had four holes in
          the boot that had been plugged with a small rubber washer and
          a silver domed bolt. I got a new rack from Moss. I found that
          the holes in my boot did not lineup with the rack from Moss. I
          have the correct style rack for the car. So the last owner had
          a smaller rack.<br>
          Now I find it hard to mount the correct rack and have to drill
          four more holes in rhe boot. Should I leave it off or mount
          it? <br>
          Tom Gunderson<br>
          1957 MGA 1500 rst<br>
            moz-do-not-send="true">Mgs@autox.team.net</a><br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
            target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
          Unsubscribe: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/dan.dibiase@gmail.com";
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/dan.dibiase@gmail.com</a><br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/charley38@twc.com";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/charley38@twc.com</a>
</pre>

--------------DF4D0D3F53BAB022B622ED18--

--===============8788633388827584191==