[Mgs] TD footwell upholstery

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] TD footwell upholstery
From: Richard Lindsay via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 19:05:09 -0500

--00000000000000b17405952417a9

Hello All,
   I am about to attach the new footwell side panels in my TD. The ends
down near the pedals and passenger footrest have to be formed around the
dash scuttle frame, but there's no obvious way to keep the panel formed to
the body.
   In Schsch's restoration manual, the picture of that area looks like the
worker attached the panels with screws...but there are no holes in the tub.
I plan to drill four small holes in each of the panels and attach them to
the tub with screws.
   There's very little spare room in the footwells of a TD and I don't want
a panel coming loose right when I need both feet for the clutch and brake!
Thus the screws.
   I may get that job tomorrow. Today I cleaned the whole garage, including
pulling the cars out, including the the TD. It started and ran fine, as did
the Lancia.

Rick

--00000000000000b17405952417a9

tach the new footwell side panels in my TD. The ends down near the pedals a=
nd passenger footrest have to be formed around the dash scuttle frame, but =
there&#39;s no obvious way to keep the panel formed to the body.</div><div =
dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0In Schsch&#39;s restoration manual, the picture o=
f that area looks like the worker attached the panels with screws...but the=
re are no holes in the tub. I plan to drill four small holes in each of the=
 panels and attach them to the tub with screws.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=
=A0 =C2=A0There&#39;s very little spare room in the footwells of a TD and I=
 don&#39;t want a panel coming loose right when I need both feet for the cl=
utch and brake! Thus the screws.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I may =

--===============7287410773399927952==