Re: [Mgs] Trip Meter Reset Cable Assy

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Trip Meter Reset Cable Assy
From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 10:21:51 -0500

--------------9A5275BD5FD3C0A46E544253

Hello folks,

There are always lots of gauges at the Ancaster flea market - June I
think.   One would think that there is a usable one there.    Please
remember that if you need those rubber O-rings for dash and/or glass, i
have them all !!  Even have the square ones for Austin Healeys.    My
oath, I hate being commercial on this enthusiast's  mechanism but it's
more of a hobby than a get rich quick ploy.

Cheers
Barrie

On 1/18/2020 4:28 AM, PaulHunt73 via Mgs wrote:

> Google throws up loads from eBay and the usual suppliers, but whether
> they have the right one is another matter.  The other obvious source
> to try is a speedo repairer.
> However mine (SN6144/23A) just sticks out of a hole in the case, the
> only attachment is to the odometer mechanism itself
> http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/images/speedorep11.jpg
> If that's broken you may have bigger problems.
> PaulH.

  <head>
  </head>
        There are always lots of gauges at the Ancaster flea market -
        June I think.   One would think that there is a usable one
        there.    Please remember that if you need those rubber O-rings
        for dash and/or glass, i have them all !!  Even have the square
        ones for Austin Healeys.    My oath, I hate being commercial on
        this enthusiast's  mechanism but it's more of a hobby than a get
        rich quick ploy.<br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>
      Mgs wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:2A0208538A1C4F0C83244E10E38D1DF1@paul">

          suppliers, but whether they have the right one is another
          matter.  The other obvious source to try is a speedo
repairer.</font></div>
          hole in the case, the only attachment is to the odometer
          mechanism itself <a
            href="http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/images/speedorep11.jpg";

problems.</font></div>
        5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
        Anyone know where to get a trip Meter reset cable assembly for a
        1969 MGB GT.  Today I pulled the speedo out for rebuild because
        the odometer does not work.  I found out why the trip Meter
        would not reset.  The cable assembly fell out of the back of the
        speedo case.  The part that locks into the case is broken so it
        will not stay put.  I don't see this part in any of the
        catalogs.</blockquote>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrob@bell.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrob@bell.net</a>
</pre>

--------------9A5275BD5FD3C0A46E544253--

--===============8244874184627849812==