Re: [Mgs] FW: Led brake lights

To: "dave" <dave@ranteer.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] FW: Led brake lights
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 16:04:25 -0000 pkTyxY6jl7Ggre3icda0o+Qo/7kivYb4rHMS3Uno+mOuZhB053cbdstBfxnHNTQgXmmgf9YjircUcQ==
They had better be good for over $170!

Instrument lighting is a different kettle of swimming things, a massive
improvement for pennies although the varying function of the dimmer is
largely disabled.  http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/images/led17b.jpg shows a
modified tach and unmodified speedo, taken in the same shot so a direct
comparison, and not illegal.  Not as 'bluish' in the flesh and the tint
comes from having a bright white LED in a can that has been painted duck-egg
blue, which helps to make the yellow light of incandescents whiter.  There
are warm white versions that come out white.  Google 'E10 5 5050 SMD LED'
for direct-replacement screw-in types, BA9 in place of E10 for bayonet, and
T10 for push-in.  I say 'direct' but they are longer than the original bulbs
and I had to space the speedo one back a bit in my RB V8 as when fitting it
I could see the pointer moving.

PaulH.