[Mgs] Seat Fittings.

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Seat Fittings.
From: Michael MacLean via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 21:49:03 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_3891682_1830023450.1583272143910

I am finally addressing the driver's seat in my "new to me" MGB GT.=C2=A0 W=
hen I sit in the driver's seat the cushion bottoms out so that I am being j=
abbed on both sides by the tubular frame.=C2=A0 Not conducive to long dista=
nce driving.=C2=A0 The foam in the seat must be original as it has turned b=
rown in exposed areas and is way too soft.=C2=A0 Where I am confused is the=
 seats have cross webbing to support the foam cushion.=C2=A0 According to t=
he catalogs, webbing started in use in 1970 on.=C2=A0 My GT is a 1969 model=
 which should be a rubber diaphragm instead of webbing.=C2=A0 Knowing what =
I know about the assembly line for MGs and other Brit cars, it is totally p=
ossible some 69s got out with the newer seats.=C2=A0 More likely the seats =
were swapped sometime during the 51 years since it came off the assembly li=
ne.=C2=A0 The webbing is installed with aluminum flat bars screwed to the t=
ubular frame.=C2=A0 The webbing is sewn around the aluminum bars.=C2=A0 I d=
on't know if this is a retrofit or original.=C2=A0 I already ordered anothe=
r foam cushion to replace this old one.=C2=A0 Just wondering if the new foa=
m will be enough to solve the bottoming out problem, or should I have repla=
ced the webbing or even gone back to a rubber diaphragm?=C2=A0 Like to hear=
 from you guys that rebuilt your seats on your own.Mike MacLean69 MGB GT56 =
Austin Healey BN260 Bugeye

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
------=_Part_3891682_1830023450.1583272143910

I am finally addressing the driver's seat in my "new to me" MGB GT.&nbsp; W=
hen I sit in the driver's seat the cushion bottoms out so that I am being j=
abbed on both sides by the tubular frame.&nbsp; Not conducive to long dista=
nce driving.&nbsp; The foam in the seat must be original as it has turned b=
rown in exposed areas and is way too soft.&nbsp; Where I am confused is the=
 seats have cross webbing to support the foam cushion.&nbsp; According to t=
he catalogs, webbing started in use in 1970 on.&nbsp; My GT is a 1969 model=
 which should be a rubber diaphragm instead of webbing.&nbsp; Knowing what =
I know about the assembly line for MGs and other Brit cars, it is totally p=
ossible some 69s got out with the newer seats.&nbsp; More likely the seats =
were swapped sometime during the 51 years since it came off the assembly li=
ne.&nbsp; The webbing is installed with aluminum flat bars screwed to the t=
ubular frame.&nbsp; The webbing is sewn around the aluminum bars.&nbsp; I d=
on't know if this is a retrofit or original.&nbsp; I already ordered anothe=
r foam cushion to replace this old one.&nbsp; Just wondering if the new foa=
m will be enough to solve the bottoming out problem, or should I have repla=
ced the webbing or even gone back to a rubber diaphragm?&nbsp; Like to hear=
 from you guys that rebuilt your seats on your own.<div id=3D"yMail_cursorE=
lementTracker_1583271943323">Mike MacLean</div><div id=3D"yMail_cursorEleme=
ntTracker_1583271953401">69 MGB GT</div><div id=3D"yMail_cursorElementTrack=
er_1583271964995">56 Austin Healey BN2</div><div id=3D"yMail_cursorElementT=
<a id=3D"ymail_android_signature_link" href=3D"https://go.onelink.me/107872=
968?pid=3DInProduct&amp;c=3DGlobal_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__Androi=
dUsers&amp;af_wl=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3DInternal&amp;af_sub2=3DGlobal_YGrowth&a=
mp;af_sub3=3DEmailSignature">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail on Android</a></=
div></div>
------=_Part_3891682_1830023450.1583272143910--

--===============2724447525055449857==