Re: [Mgs] Good Customer Service, MechSpec

To: "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@mgaguru.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Good Customer Service, MechSpec
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 15:28:14 -0000 zZ8odGhipmjlc65yxFBqoHOpktSzBf+rVFuYtO12cW7d5dbpQHr4xN8KGlK6hwkGYKt2XWgDOXvwlHBOqNsN8gL7TcIDL9+RFr0=
I was born an optimist.  But after 50 years dealing with trades-people and
suppliers I'm afraid I've become a pessimist.  Whilst the gearbox works the
OD has a leak it didn't have before, and I've got a horrible feeling that
after just a few dozen miles the OD has started engaging with a bang unless
I feather the throttle, again which it didn't before.  Weather not conducive
to more testing at the moment.  Roadster does neither, but then no one has
fiddled with them in 30 years, and quite possibly not since manufacture.

Getting the V8 gearbox out at home is a much bigger job than with the
4-cylinder.