Re: [Mgs] Stirling Moss Dies.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Stirling Moss Dies.
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 10:23:34 +0100 QP4XBzo/jQVP69wRNprHfmKwCgqHRFdmRj8OobRveq0QIbaAF8ITd0EK

--===============3048654847025730615==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0044_01D6117D.96671310"

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01D6117D.96671310
        charset="utf-8"

A gent as you say.  His era is my first memory of being interested in =
cars and motor racing.  The husband of a friend of my mother was really =
into it with memorabilia all round their house and I was desperately =
hoping he would take me to a GP one day.  I was gutted when they =
divorced!  I was at Silverstone many years ago and Sir Stirling was in =
the middle of a crowd signing autographs.  Couldn't get near him but I =
managed to perch on a short concrete pillar and get a clear view of his =
head and shoulders, when he looked up and smiled at me for a moment long =
enough to get a picture.  I like to think he was giving me the =
opportunity to take the picture, but maybe he was wondering if I would =
topple off.

He was at Gaydon for the first public showing of the MGF and the 75th =
anniversary of Old Number One, and after sitting in the MGF he clambered =
into the claustrophobic cockpit of EX181 and recounted how, the first =
time he got in, he hoped that he would never have to get out in a hurry.

PaulH.
------=_NextPart_000_0044_01D6117D.96671310
        charset="utf-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>A gent as you say.&nbsp; His era is my first memory =
of being=20
interested in cars and motor racing.&nbsp; The husband =
of&nbsp;a&nbsp;friend of=20
my mother was really into it with memorabilia all round their house and =
I was=20
desperately hoping he would take me to a GP one day.&nbsp; I was gutted =
when=20
they divorced!&nbsp; </FONT><FONT size=3D2>I was at Silverstone many =
years=20
ago&nbsp;and&nbsp;Sir Stirling&nbsp;was in the middle of a crowd signing =

autographs.&nbsp; Couldn't get near him but I managed to perch on a =
short=20
concrete pillar and get a&nbsp;clear view of his head and shoulders, =
when he=20
looked up and smiled at me for a moment long enough to get a =
picture.&nbsp; I=20
like to think he was giving me the opportunity to take the picture,=20
but&nbsp;maybe he was wondering if I would topple off.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>He was at Gaydon for the first public =
showing&nbsp;of the MGF=20
and the 75th anniversary of Old Number One, and after sitting in the MGF =
he=20
clambered into the claustrophobic cockpit of EX181 and recounted how, =
the first=20
time he got in, he hoped that he would never have to get out in a=20
hurry.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>