Re: [Mgs] Window regulator restoration

To: "MGB List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Barrie Robinson" <barrob@bell.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Window regulator restoration
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 08:29:26 +0100 aravX6RfXPqsaQYcLcUcmTVgPuFfR/Bhc8B65uDu+1e1WHtSslPJ8uWHpXunnVX6zTxhq+HNEsMLAA==

--===============6122179343135265199==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D6A84D.73F14C30"

------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D6A84D.73F14C30
        charset="utf-8"

Felt inserts seem to be available from the usual suspects, UK at least.

Yes the rear runners can be moved in and out of engagement with the =
glass, and having them too close does make the drop-glass stiff.  You =
can tell if it's the drop-glass and runners that need work or the =
regulator itself by positioning the glass mid-way, then grasping the =
glass and manually lifting it up and down through its free play, and =
winding the handle back and fore through what should be free play, and =
see whether one is significantly stiffer than the other.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  I am trying to restore my MGB GT window regulators and any advice =
would be appreciated.   The fuzzy stuff in the slides on both side of =
the glass is more than sad and obviously needs replacing - but with =
what?   I was considering using that slippy plastic Delrin or something =
better as Delrin does not like water   There are many options and I will =
have to find a knowledgeable supplier to supply the right stuff and the =
right shape.   I am assuming the outside runners can be move in and out =
to allow glass to slide up an down !!!???   Not looking forward to this =
!!!   Where can I get new ones??

------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01D6A84D.73F14C30
        charset="utf-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8" http-equiv=3Dcontent-type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Felt inserts seem to be available from the usual =
suspects, UK=20
at least.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Yes the rear runners can be moved in and out of =
engagement=20
with the glass, and having them too close does make the drop-glass =
stiff.&nbsp;=20
You can tell if it's the drop-glass and runners that need work or the =
regulator=20
itself by positioning the glass mid-way, then grasping the glass and =
manually=20
lifting it up and down through its free play, and winding the handle =
back and=20
fore through what should be free play, and see whether one is =
significantly=20
stiffer than the other.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV><FONT=20
  size=3D-1><FONT face=3DArial><BR>I am trying to restore my MGB GT =
window=20
  regulators and any advice would be appreciated.&nbsp;&nbsp; The fuzzy =
stuff in=20
  the slides on both side of the glass is more than sad and obviously =
needs=20
  replacing - but with what?&nbsp;&nbsp; I was considering using that =
slippy=20
  plastic Delrin or something better as Delrin does not like =
water&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  There are many options and I will have to find a knowledgeable =
supplier to=20
  supply the right stuff and the right shape.&nbsp;&nbsp; I am assuming =
the=20
  outside runners can be move in and out to allow glass to slide up an =
down=20
  !!!???&nbsp;&nbsp; Not looking forward to this !!!&nbsp;&nbsp;<I> =
Where can I=20
  get new ones</I>??<BR></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>