[Mgs] Fuel Pump?

To: Mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Fuel Pump?
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 21:32:50 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_451758_2010978219.1610314370697

I went to In N Out for lunch today.=C2=A0 The line was very long so I had t=
o inch forward and was stopped numerous times for a few minutes in between.=
=C2=A0 The fuel pump on my 69 GT started pumping furiously like I was runni=
ng out of gas while stopped halfway through the line.=C2=A0 The car was sti=
ll running.=C2=A0 I got up to the first window to pay and the idle dropped =
to less than 500 rpm.=C2=A0 In a minute or so later the engine just quit.=
=C2=A0 There is over a half tank of gas in the car.=C2=A0 I tried starting =
it several times, but it would just fire and die.=C2=A0 After several attem=
pts the car started again, all the while the fuel pump was going like mad.=
=C2=A0 After getting out of the line the fuel pump slowed down like normal =
and you did not hear it after what I assume was a full float bowl.=C2=A0 No=
 issues going home the 4 or 5 miles.=C2=A0 Does that sound like my fuel pum=
p is going out or the tank pickup is clogged?Mike MacLean1969 MGB GT1960 Bu=
geye=C2=A01956 Austin Healey BN2

------=_Part_451758_2010978219.1610314370697

ly:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir=3D"ltr=
" data-setdir=3D"false">I went to In N Out for lunch today.&nbsp; The line =
was very long so I had to inch forward and was stopped numerous times for a=
 few minutes in between.&nbsp; The fuel pump on my 69 GT started pumping fu=
riously like I was running out of gas while stopped halfway through the lin=
e.&nbsp; The car was still running.&nbsp; I got up to the first window to p=
ay and the idle dropped to less than 500 rpm.&nbsp; In a minute or so later=
 the engine just quit.&nbsp; There is over a half tank of gas in the car.&n=
bsp; I tried starting it several times, but it would just fire and die.&nbs=
p; After several attempts the car started again, all the while the fuel pum=
p was going like mad.&nbsp; After getting out of the line the fuel pump slo=
wed down like normal and you did not hear it after what I assume was a full=
 float bowl.&nbsp; No issues going home the 4 or 5 miles.&nbsp; Does that s=
ound like my fuel pump is going out or the tank pickup is clogged?</div><di=
v dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Mike MacLean</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data=
-setdir=3D"false">1969 MGB GT</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">1=
960 Bugeye</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">&nbsp;1956 Austin He=
------=_Part_451758_2010978219.1610314370697--

--===============4628185474194368984==