Re: [Mgs] Brake Booster

To: "Michael MacLean" <springer.mike51@gmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brake Booster
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 09:04:00 +0100 pmFcYeCu3+c9HaQ62rE64jJO56M/xq3UUn7mUihqTtqleS28klnAp8KtoOd1OvWAsw0vFWUo5PWrnE+6KlnHJg8Jj0Kagcg+jezmaIUsu2i7ZWIWpCZSQxOi

--===============0743328138626266343==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0058_01D7BE7E.EE863AD0"

------=_NextPart_000_0058_01D7BE7E.EE863AD0
        charset="utf-8"

If you are comparing it with a modern car then yes the MGB can be =
considered 'heavy', but I find modern way too sensitive for my liking.  =
The factory booster makes very little difference, I've driven them with =
and without, and with but disabled, and noticed almost no difference.  =
There are 'stronger' after-market ones though.  If this is an LHD then =
I've seen them fitted on the passenger side against the bulkhead, but =
because of the limited space that side of the heater pointing forwards =
instead of across like they are on RHD.  You can see one in a factory =
LHD V8 here http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/servo.htm#7, one of the cars =
sent to America for testing then returned and ended up in Europe.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  Who has added a brake booster to their MGB or MGB GT which initially =
did not have one?  Do you have pictures of where you mounted and how you =
did it.  I just put new pads and rotors on my 69 MGB GT.  It still takes =
a lot of effort to apply the brakes.
------=_NextPart_000_0058_01D7BE7E.EE863AD0
        charset="utf-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>If you are comparing it with a modern car then yes the MGB can be=20
considered 'heavy', but I find modern way too sensitive for my =
liking.&nbsp; The=20
factory booster makes very little difference, I've driven them with and =
without,=20
and with but disabled, and noticed almost no difference.&nbsp; There are =

'stronger' after-market ones though.&nbsp; If this is an LHD then I've =
seen them=20
fitted on the passenger side against the bulkhead, but because of the =
limited=20
space that side of the heater pointing forwards instead of across like =
they are=20
on RHD.&nbsp; You can see one in a factory LHD V8 here <A=20
href=3D"http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/servo.htm#7";>http://www.mgb-stuff.org=
.uk/servo.htm#7</A>,=20
one of the cars sent to America for testing then returned and&nbsp;ended =
up in=20
Europe.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PaulH.</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV dir=3Dauto>Who has added a brake booster to their MGB or MGB GT =
which=20
  initially did not have one?&nbsp; Do you have pictures of where you =
mounted=20
  and how you did it.&nbsp; I just put new pads and rotors on my 69 MGB=20
  GT.&nbsp; It still takes a lot of effort to apply the=20
brakes.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>