Re: [Mgs] MGB exhaust manifold

To: S.Carr <britfan1@epix.net>,MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB exhaust manifold
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 22:25:48 -0500

--=====================_48507406==.ALT

The casting number is commonly one digit=20
different from the final part number.  I think=20
they made the finished part drawing first, then=20
made a copy of it to modify the drawing to show=20
more material on the casting before=20
machining.  When assigning drawing numbers, the=20
finished part number was first followed by the=20
casting number.  Some castings can be machined=20
differently to make different finished parts (with different part numbers).

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com

At 06:10 PM 11/15/2021, S.Carr wrote:

>The Moss catalog lists two different part=20
>numbers for the stock cast-iron=20
>manifold=97depending on the years fitted=97but the=20
>drawings look idendentical.=C2  Can anyone supply=20
>the casting numbers for each?=C2  We don=E2=80=99t know what we have.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Sarah Carr
>BN1 in PA

--=====================_48507406==.ALT

final part number.&nbsp; I think they made the finished part drawing
first, then made a copy of it to modify the drawing to show more material
on the casting before machining.&nbsp; When assigning drawing numbers,
the finished part number was first followed by the casting number.&nbsp;
Some castings can be machined differently to make different finished
parts (with different part numbers).<br><br>
Barney Gaylord<br>
1958 MGA with an attitude<br>

different part numbers for the stock cast-iron manifold=97depending on the
years fitted=97but the drawings look idendentical.=C2&nbsp; Can anyone suppl=
the casting numbers for each?=C2&nbsp; We don=E2=80=99t know what we=
 have.<br>
Thanks in advance,<br>
Sarah Carr<br>
BN1 in PA<br>