Re: [Mgs] My MGB update

To: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] My MGB update
From: Robert's New iPad <mgbobh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:37:12 -0400
Cc: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
HI Rick,
        All things you have done are good thing, reminders to all about care of
our treasured MGBs.
        I infer that your fan is the seven-blade metal fan.   There is a
bulletin by MG to dealers that the 1972 cars were to have been refitted with
the plastic fan at a dealer when car was in for other service.  Mine was metal,
Jan 1972 car, not refitted.  I installed a plastic fan and found that it seemed
to deliver more air, was quieter, and enough lighter that I could slack the fan
belt a little.
        When you back-flush head and block, have a go at the heater core too. I
have found that there was more sediment in the heater than in the rad, a
surprising amount of it.
        Today I am stopping by Abingdon Spares to get new gaskets for the OSF
side/turn lamp. Water got inside, killed the LED for side lamp, and shorted so
that fuse melted.  LEDs in there have been a worthwhile change I believe. Turn
sig seems brighter and the sidelamp is definitely brighter and whiter, now
truly visible.  Superbright LEDs shows 1972s as having one 1157 bulb, but my
car has separate ones.  If you are considering LEDs, I can look up the numbers
for you.
        Happy Motoring,
Bob