Re: [Mgs] Window crank

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Window crank
From: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com> mghLmR+koFuwxuWSj3iKTrCpbktHmUik4ovrRWEQki+RihLmZ4N+/cVxzoSj/n7/CpTMxtz/RoauWLFplC9qZNsn8V8uudrf5Eo=
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 16:04:24 +0100
You can see if it is the runners or the mechanism by winding it half-way
up, then seeing how easy it is to pull the glass up further by grasping
it.  Because of the lost motion in the mechanism it should rise about an
inch or so.  Then wind the handle further to 'catch up' the glass.  If
the glass is easy to pull up then that is not the problem, and if the
handle is stiff then the mechanism is the problem.  Or vice-versa.  Or
both.  One cause of stiff glass is if the rear channel has been pushed
too tightly onto the glass, slacken the channel fixing screws and ease
it back a little.

PaulH.