Re: J.A.P?

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: J.A.P?
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 08:58:38 -0500
J.A.P. was the name of a utility engine manufacturer.  "J.A. Prestwich".  I
>>don't know much about the company's history, but their engines were also used
>>in motorbikes of the time.
>>
>>- Carl Dreher
>
>Carl, et al:

I gotta ask:  I have had a great admiration for the 3-wheelers for some
time.  I think that they are magnificent machines.  I was lucky enough to be
at the Meadow Brook show this year and saw many of them both at the show on
sunday and at the track the previous saturday.  Great cars.  OTOH, I have
never seriously considered shopping for one because I couldn't imagine when
I would be able to drive the thing.  I don't mean at all to be offensive
here but...  how much do 3-wheeler owners drive their cars?  I live in metro
Detroit, where traffic is even hostile to my 1500cc 4/4.  I would think that
apart from an occasional spin around the block or a trailoring to a show or
track that the 3-wheeler doesn't see much street time.  What are the habbits
of 3-wheeler owners on the Mog list?

Will Zehring

p.s. sorry for the double posting; my error, won't happen again